In recent years, everyone has paid more and more attention to new environmentally friendly batteries. It may be called by the national environmental protection. Two lithium iron phosphate batteries and ternary lithium batteries are particularly popular among people. So today we will focus on the advantages and disadvantages of these two batteries and which one is better, lithium iron phosphate battery or ternary lithium battery.
The batteries on the market today are generally divided into two types: lithium iron phosphate batteries and ternary lithium batteries. Although these two batteries belong to lithium-ion batteries, there are still some differences in specific aspects. Let me introduce these two batteries for you. Let's take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of this common battery.
Advantages and disadvantages of ternary lithium battery:
The first step is to look at the advantages of ternary lithium batteries
Advantages: 1. The voltage of the battery is as high as 3.7v, which can provide high-quality and abundant power support for electronic equipment. The charging efficiency is fast.
- Anti-low temperature, even in the face of a low temperature of minus 20 degrees, it can also guarantee a good working performance of the rechargeable battery.
- The energy density of the battery is high, and the overall volume and weight are small, but the performance is still very good, and the maximum output power is higher.
Next, let's take a look at the disadvantages of ternary lithium batteries.
- The temperature resistance is poor, and the self-ignition of the battery is high, so the safety cannot be guaranteed very much.
- The cost of battery raw materials is high, and the manufacturing threshold is high.
- The cycle life of the battery is relatively low, maybe less than 2000 times.
Advantages and disadvantages of lithium iron phosphate batteries:
The first is the advantages of lithium iron phosphate batteries
Advantages: 1. The raw materials are simple and safe, do not contain heavy metal elements such as cobalt, and have high recycling value.
- Good temperature resistance. Basically, spontaneous combustion may occur only when the battery temperature reaches above 800 degrees, and the safety is relatively good.
- The cycle life of the battery is as high as 2000 times, and the working voltage is 3.2-3.4v, which is enough for the car owner to use as a power battery.
Followed by the disadvantages of lithium iron phosphate batteries
Disadvantages: 1. When facing the low temperature of minus 20 degrees, the performance of the battery will be affected and the performance will not be stable.
- The overall volume and weight of the rechargeable battery are large, the convenience is not good and the manufacturing cost is relatively high.
Which is better, lithium iron phosphate battery or ternary battery
- From the perspective of low temperature performance
The performance improvement of lithium iron phosphate batteries in low temperature environments is poor for ternary lithium batteries. When lithium iron phosphate is at -10°C, the battery capacity drops to about 50%, and the rechargeable battery cannot work above -20°C at most. The lower limit of lithium is -30°C, and the attenuation degree of lithium is less than that of lithium ferrous phosphate at the same temperature.Also read:36v 100ah lithium ion battery
Second, we look at the charging efficiency
In terms of charging efficiency, ternary lithium batteries are more efficient. The experimental data shows that there is little difference between the two when charging below 10°C, but the distance will be opened above 10°C. When charging at 20°C, the constant current ratio of the ternary lithium battery is 52.75%, and the constant current ratio of the lithium iron phosphate battery is 52.75%. The ratio is 10.08%, the former is 5 times that of the latter.
Third, we look at the service life
Lithium iron phosphate and ternary lithium batteries will have more advantages in terms of cycle market share. In the experimental environment, the actual capacity of lithium iron phosphate battery is 80% of the actual capacity after 5000 cycles, and the actual capacity of ternary lithium battery is 3900 times. Sixty-six, in terms of cycle life, the competitive advantage of lithium iron phosphate batteries is more prominent. In terms of cycle life, the real life of lithium iron phosphate batteries is much longer than that of ternary lithium batteries. Under the same number of cycles, the actual capacity of lithium iron phosphate batteries is also much larger than that of ternary lithium batteries.